This was a wonderful week to do interviews, since my family came up to visit on Monday. I had the chance to pitch this idea to my dad and my brother, and I also interviewed a good friend of mine from the music school. The group is pretty diverse, I would say. All love music and music plays a vital part in each of their lives, but they each have a different story when it comes to music. For my dad, he's in the business of it. For my brother, he plays in the school band. For my friend, she is making a career out of performing it. So, while they each came from a music background, I feel they are varied enough to get a diverse opinion. Also, my brother is 13 and holds no punches. I am continually astounded at the stunning level of observation that comes from him. And now, the quotes...
"What if the people don't play the instruments well-what if they suck?"
"What if the sloppiness of the art doesn't inspire the musicians?"
"That's the basic idea-to have people that aren't professional, but how well would that work?"
"The interplay of music and art is a really cool idea..."
"Does it really incorporate engineering as a vital component?"
"Like the inspiration of the music and the art, that's really cool."
"I would definitely think people would come and participate...that would be really sweet"
"Is one pillar enough?"
"Isn't it awkward to have to walk through a circle of musicians to get the the art? What if it was a room, instead? Where the musicians were in the middle and the walls were coated in canvas?"
"Love the idea of bringing art to the masses"
Some really cool ideas from the group, actually. I think some of the ideas are reiterating what we have already thought, but some of them are really quite pointed and true. We'll have to discuss as a group to see where we go from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment